PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did a BA B747 dump 50t of fuel due to a miscalculation?
Old 13th Aug 2007, 07:59
old,not bold

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Wiggy, please note the whole quote............................

if some of the posts on this thread are correct they set off not knowing about their extra 50 tonnes,
I found it quite difficult to believe too, but a number of posts, from people who appear to know what they are talking about, indicate that this was exactly what happened. EG the post that said they were advised of the extra load in a message from dispatch, after departure.

Woodpecker,

I was also surprised that fuel could cause a trim problem in those circumstances, but the post that said so came from 747-436 who also said that he/she flies BA's B747s.

As to the veracity of the whole rumour, this is a rumour network, not an incident investigation forum! But many of the posts have been sceptical, and I hope mine have been of the "If it happened, what happened?" variety. But perhaps I and others have been ready to accept some posts at face value.

On the other hand, if BA could cover up a "fuel dumping nightmare" news story they would, and so would I. It is pprune's task, as I see it, to uncover the cover-ups, whether BA's or anyone else's.