PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots flying for US Carriers
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2007, 07:25
Anonymus6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airplane Crazy!

I work for the biggest 135 operatore (Cargo Airline) in US on my OPT F-1 visa, (AND I LOVE IT) do some research on google and find how it is. I still have 11 months left on my OPT and during the interview they chief pilot still hired me, although I have temporery work permit. He told me he wants me to work for him for 3 years, so..... I'm hoping they are going to sponser H1-b visa wich start in April, 2008.

There is a big big shortage in US so they hire people, only qualified poeple!! WITH WORK ATHORIZATION I have around 1200 tt so I met their minimus. I was instructing in the college I got my F-1 visa from, so it let me to work as an instructor before I got my work permit.

I have been invieted to several regionals for interview and I have been telling them about my status in us and the only thing they told me was if I have clearence to fly in US from TSA.

I didn't go to several interviews becuse I want to fly freight or cargo and be based in Los Angeles which my current job is providing me.

I think we are going to see US airlines or Part 91/135 operatoers filing h1b visas soon.