PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices CEO Leaving?
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2007, 04:46
44WING

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forgive the stars in my eyes but isn't this an opportunity for something different. What a great organisation AsA could be and was, many years ago. Too many disfunctional Senior executives and too little, actually no accountability for them or those who put them there.

How long has it been mismanaged? Ever since some bright spark thought that a government safety company (yeah I know - not really but....) could be managed by proferring to shareholders (one - the commonwealth)! And please don't argue 'airlines', the diiference is obvious. TFN and the Board were well aware of the problems two years ago and also knew the issues with certain senior managers and knowlingly took counsel from those people. There is no defence. Possible the reason for a vacant seat at the recent Senate Estimates. The ghost who walked!

The experience bucket is almost drained and time stamp comment is a real analogy. T**** and AsA not getting along - so what's new and yet they still get the big contracts? N***** hmmm some interesting approaches there however I do wish the captain of 'approved only' flights could let me know, before departure if they are going to do one of these at destination - like CB frinstance - yikes pseudo precision approach without the runway specs for a precisions approach - how does THAT work?

The other recent departure was never a competitive solution - too many skeletons and too short a time.

What a bucket of problems AsA continues to be - what of the future. Come on Johnny or Kevin - a commission of enquiry would do just a starters; or maybe after the coronial inquest perhaps, God forbid.

Last edited by 44WING; 13th Aug 2007 at 04:54. Reason: COMPANY CONFIDENTIALITY