PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA should be ashamed
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2007, 04:05
lk978

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CASA should be ashamed

How bad can an organisation get? well i will tell you.

This all started about mid march when my ASIC of which i have had 1 already previously expired.

Now I went searching for a renewal form and found that they require the same information as i did on the initial issue. This to me seemed silly and odd.

But being the calm and collected individual i am i did the standard thing and got a jp to sign it. Which brings me to the point of why the hell can a teacher sign it and not a cheif pilot? and don’t give me that crap about being a government form and thats just what the rules are. as an ATO is authorised to do it as well. I want to know why a guy or girl who gets appointed by CASA as a CP doesn’t have the qualifications to say if im and a good guy.

So i sent in the forms signed by the JP, stupid me forgot to get the JP to write "this is a true copy of my passport". so i get it back in the mail and get annoyed, so i go and get my accountant to sign the form. and send it in.

3 weeks later turns up again at my house, sorry the person certifying the photo needs to certify the rest of the stuff.

no worries send back i with all signed by the same person, sent back again. "sorry you have 2 signatures on the photo. we cant work out who is authorising the application.

right so i have had enough. go to my lawyer with new form new photos, and send of with angry letter.

I get a call this morning 13/8/07. to say "we received your application however you have only put down one residential address"

and i said yes. well how long have you lived there and i said it is my current address and assuming that i haven’t put any other address before it i would guess about 3 days after i left hospital sucking on a nipple.

oh ok thank you,

oh and then came the next beauty, sir we have actually had a change in fees from July 2007. and i said lucky i put my application in before then isnt it.

well no, you se we need to charge you today at the 40% increased fee.

i was so angry i think i said yes that’s ok... no problem would you like me to pay the difference between the new price and what i paid last time too... its ok i earn lots of money and don’t pay any taxes for this service.

now my points,

- why isn’t their a simple renewal process, tick the box type thing and here is my new photo, especially since i only did 6 a six month stint in Guantanamo bay, the judge said it would be on my record.

- why can’t government departments certify the documents i mean is it that hard to access the passport info to check that is me

- why the hell do i pay 195 for an asic, isnt there a rental service available? new business idea someone with an asic hang out at the airport and let pilots who only fly once a month pay you $5 to walk them to their plane

- why is a teacher allowed to certify my documents?

- I haven’t hear of anyone being knocked back for an asic yet, i even saw a dude with 2 jail stints on his. so what’s the point?

So i have decided i am going to get my money’s worth, no i am not going o fly more, but when i am flying i am going to check that every other person is being ripped off as much as me, so watch out i am checking that you are wearing your asic correctly.

Well I have my medical due in a few weeks im sure that will be a breeze, just walk in flash the Medicare card and the rest is taken care of. I recon it will cost me about 15 minute of my life.

Oh wait just checked last year’s bill $300

And oh I have to pay to have my stuff printed now; I think I will take my chances. Isn’t the onus of proof on the plaintiff in a civil case?

I’d love to say that next time I get ramped. Well I am confident I can fly this thing. Mr FOI are you? If you don’t believe me I have a licence prove it.

$30 to have stuff printed and sent to you...

i love this place