PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beechcraft baron 58, advise needed!
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2007, 04:00
m3the01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beechcraft baron 58, advise needed!

Hello,

Im looking for a twin with a good track record and it seems like the baron is the plane of choice as long as you dont operate it at the service ceiling always.

Is there any forums or members who can comment on the cost of ownership of a baron 58 or other airplanes in its class that would be great.

Questions such as, should i buy an airplane with a few hundred hours before a major overhall or buy one where the major overhall isnt scheduled for a 1000 hours or so? Theres obvious cost different..

See the way i see it, either way the final cost is the same if i buy a plane that already has the newer engines. However if i buy a plane that needs replacements shortly than i get the benefit of a lot cheaper airplane with immediate plans/money for engines when they reach their lifespan. The second choice seems the wiser, some warranty and such.

Also does anyone source out new engines or just do a major overhall on the engines they have? Im new to all this.

Any and all advice appreciated! If you could direct me to any readings that would also be appreciated.

Thanks