PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Fitness Test - Soon to be twice a year!
Old 12th Aug 2007, 21:15
Maple 01

TAC Int Bloke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And now I'm conforming to Nazi standards?
well to be fair I'd include any dictatorship left or right, you have to admit the Soviets, Communist Chinese, fascist Italy and the Nazis embraced enforced calisthenics much as you do.......I'm only pointing out your bedfellows...... remember the scene in 1984 where Winston was forced to take part in Ingsoc's early morning physical jerks?

and I'll reconsider my position

I'm pointing out that the RAFFT is about as relevant to the operational aims of the RAF as any of the silly suggestions I have put up, you could add underwater polo, train spotting or lawn mowing, none (especially the RAFFT) have the slightest bearing on live ops. Only one though is enforced by those with other agendas.

I remind you that you're the one wanting to join up again?
Yes, to do my war role, not join a fitness club, for that I can spend £50 a month and hang out with a bunch of semi-naked gym queens - somehow that doesn’t appeal. luckily my A4 G4 Z5 rules me out on both counts

you're the guy suggesting that promotion is linked to education and that fitness isn't important in a military

No, I'm saying the RAFFT is irrelevant and a waste of everyone's time, I'm glad I was able to correct your assumption

Its the Road Traffic Act 1991
The offence occurred in 1989 so would be covered by the 1988 RTA dear boy but you couldn't have known that- so off to the remedial RAFFTCT training for you! Oh actually I missed a capitalisation......let me see, who said

The arguement is always lost when it gets down to silly posts about spelling?