PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Photos
Thread: Bristow Photos
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2007, 14:57
soggyboxers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Tail take off and Hel1aviator, well done for posting so many good and evocative photos

212 Man,

You're right; an interesting medley which reminds me of so many old times with Bristow. Poor Jerry Beecher who finally succumbed to skin cancer some years back, RIP. I remember meeting Garth when I was on exchange to the crabs many years ago and there was a story then that he had been flying an Alouette with a hydraulic failure, but being big and strong, had landed it successfully, albeit with a bent collective! It's probably apocryphal, but witn Garth's colourful character, who knows? He was a real gentleman, sadly missed.

I did my 212 conversion on G-BARJ with Mike 'British' Holcroft, another gentleman, then set out for Iran ferrying a brand new high-skid 212 VR-BGR.

It's good to see old and new friends again. I know where 'Windsock' is, but what happened to Simon 'Trainset' Hornby double-oh, Hox Maskins, Jonathan Huntly and 'Bex' Bissell carpet shampoomaster? Zingo is also a real gent and last time I met him, at Marignane, was exactly as he's always been, sounding just like Inspector Clouseau.

I'm presently converting what was my study into a nursery, having just become a dad, and I'm sorting many things which have lain unseen in deep drawers for many years. I've found a lot of old photos of my early time in Bristow, so I'll try and scan some of them to post here soon. Great thread