PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air New Package
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2007, 14:06
Mach084

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fear Mr Naff you cannot afford to wait "a few weeks" to announce any salary increases to "keep experienced workers". In fact to be frank I fear it doesnt really matter.

Lets just do a recap here

Mr Andre Dose arrives and states that the airline is in big trouble but he has the solution (a familiar statement). Cut back the unprofitable routes and streamline the operation. First thing the new management does is announce officially 1500 expats to be sacked, then announce officially they would not be sacked immediately but rather over a period of 10-12 months. Now you announce you wish people to stay and promise a payrise as an incentive.
In the meantime Mr Dose has resigned and the airline is left "headless" on "autopilot" facing the same if not worse problems.

Now let me get this right, you expect me to go to my wife and my two kids and convince them that we should re-think my resignation because you now decided to give us some more money?

Dear Sir with all due respect this management has lost all credibility and frankly there is nothing you could possibly do to convince me otherwise.

Someone once wrote here on Pprune that you finally managed to destroy the last remaining great asset in GF, it's workforce.

I honestly wish you the best of luck, not for your sake but for all my colleagues remaining.

Mach
A somewhat "experienced worker"