PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Fitness Test - Soon to be twice a year!
Old 12th Aug 2007, 10:22
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With regards to your RAFET idea, I know its supposed to present you in a sparkling and witty light. But whereas there are those who might spend their entire active service sitting on their backsides simply blanking out data references on sortie videos, I'm sure that equally, there are those who do need to be fit. So, perhaps there could have an unfitness test? Maybe those who have forgotten that fitness was part of the deal when they joined up could tell us exactly how unfit they need to be in order to justify their salary, and if they have no specific military attributes, why we couldn't simply employ minimum wage school leavers to copy and paste IRT briefings from other published sources?

And its funny, but I'm sure that appearance and bearing appeared in my early assessments, long before 1991. Bearing in mind of course, that there is a difference between being medically and physically fit; a chap of poor bearing was a fat slob who never went to the gym.. a metaphor, a little like being 'socially active'. It was always commented upon in the main narrative too, about a chap's attitude to fitness. Perhaps that was just RAF Regt reports mind where there used to be anyway, no creep. If they were never commented upon in yours, that might explain your aversion to activity and lack of focus.

Apart from that, thanks for the effort that went into your reply, I appreciate fine humour.

Al.

PS: I don't do 'rant'. The good lord allocated me a finite amount of heartbeats and I save them for the gym, not messageboards.