PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas cadet scheme - commercial
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2007, 05:55
Mr Bomb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qantas cadet scheme - commercial

I am looking at a career change and have just completed my commercial licence and am about halfway through my instructor rating. I am 33 years old and thought that I would never have a chance at the airlines due to my age at airline flying, having missed the age/experience boat. However with the current "change" in numbers of pilots available and some evidence of older pilots actually getting a look in with some airlines I decided to take a look at what might be available.

Anyway one of the things I am looking at is the Qantas cadet scheme commercial scheme where you can already hold a commercial licence as long as you don't hold a PIFR or MECIR ( obviously assuming you pass the testing/entrance exams etc). My question is, will it affect me if I hold an instructors rating? I have just over 400 hours with about 50 twin time, however this has been all private flying / training.

Just looking to see if anyone here knows, my next port of call will be Qantas themselves to ask, but thought someone here may has some info.

(And please I do not want to get into the value or otherwise of the scheme, I am simply looking at ALL options currently available to me).

Cheers
Mr Bomb