PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2007, 04:24
thrust clb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my 5 cents worth

When we did our A320 full-course training with Airbus in Miami in 2005 most of the first batch of Cbupac ex-Dc9 pilots had at least 4000hours of flying time, about 2500 of which were on Dc9's. We all had an incredibly hard time coping up with the steep learning curve. And most had to have extra sessions on the sims and really barely passed the final check. It was really that HARD! I even said to myself that this will be the last Aircraft Type rating im doing and i'll be happy to fly 320's until retirement.

And it wasn't only us pinoys who was getting pummeled, there were Mexicans, Indians and Americans who all agreed that this Plane is the hardest to learn in their careers. When I did my upgrade training in Minneapolis, the shuttle bus driver said that the only time he's seen grown men cry was when they were unsuccessful in passing the 320 transition courses. And these were NWA pilots with thousands of hours on previous generation jets.

So what im saying is...if pilots with THOUSANDS of hours of real Jet time have a hell of a time getting to pass a 320 qualification course, how can someone with 70 hours on a single-engine plane barely faster than a BMW 3-series be sharp enough to pass? If ever he does pass...can you honestly say it is safe for him to sit on the right seat with 178 paying passengers at the back? Oh well...let's just wait and see when the first CIA MPL graduates show up on the line. Who knows?

Last edited by thrust clb; 12th Aug 2007 at 07:59.