PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Those pesky Aussie ATPL exams
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2007, 04:15
Brindabella

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Defenestrator is correct.
Mine too was issued under these circumstances.
Jetconnect did not have a problem with it nor did Pacific Blue. Although it is two faced and cynical of Virgin Blue to not accept a converted US lic. A seasoned airman from the 89 era proposed to me that VB's management not accepting foreign converted licenses is a throw back to 89 when overseas pilots were used as 'stike breakers'. Perhaps with particular reference to Eastern/ Continental pilots coming from the US. Who Knows?
Regardless, I have found that the only airlines that will look at me are JCL and Pac Blue with a converted US ATP. In fact it was not even an issue as long as I could tick the ATPL box on the application. And now despite having 300-900 endorsments with time on type, Virgin Blue would still not consider me for the latest round of NG interviews.
I have sent several unanswered emails to Virgin Blue asking them to clarify their policy with regard to the foreign converted lic issue. Can anyone let me know how/what method of correspondance I can use to get an answer from them?
Chimbu Chuckles.
Would you feel cheated if you were beaten to a job by someone who has a converted US lic despite having essentially the same experience?
Brin.
Oh... PS... DUXNUTS... i had a psych and skills with easterns.... FAA converted to OZ atpl.... did not even ask about it. They did not even appear to care.

Last edited by Brindabella; 12th Aug 2007 at 04:49. Reason: Addition