PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 4
Thread: Aer Lingus - 4
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2007, 00:16
True Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm one of those who will benefit from the new Bfs - Lhr route and I welcome it. I must say that I am reading with great amusement the reaction to the EI move. About 2 (?) years ago. Easyjet launched several routes to Eire ex Lgw when Fr had no great interest in the region. It wasn't long until Fr launched services, forced easyjet off the routes and then cut their own services. What was your reaction in the region then? Was there protests at the Fr action and calls for support for Easyjet? Shannon put Ei in a position where they couldn't expand at Snn as just about every decent route is served already by Fr. So are Ei expected to remain, see yields come under pressure against Fr to London and keep going just to please some in the area. I bet over time, the pax wouldn't be saying "let's book EI to London because they stayed with us", they would go and book Fr and leave Ei at the blink of an eyelid. Snn did a deal with Fr, who expect to pay nothing to little in fees, but Ei I bet are still paying high charges. This sort of reaction has been seen at other airports, Fr goes in and force others out. You should have seen it coming, you had the warning with the easyjet experience. A lot of people down there need to waken up to the real world. You are owed nothing. And I don't work for any airline.

True Blue