PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC 50th birthday, looking for 50 cracking good stories
Old 11th Aug 2007, 16:51
Wizzard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"My Northern Ireland famil was in the back of a Scout with no map."

My first tour('79) didn't even go that far! I was staring at the poor weather out of the window at Aldergrove and the RQHI came in and said "there's your aircraft, get your arrse to Omagh they need you right away"

I told him I hadn't had a famil yet and he said don't worry just fly down the lough and turn right at the bottom, that will get you to Dungannon then just follow the disused railway line to Omagh.

So off I go into the murk in my trusty Scout and find jolly old Dungers in the gloop: I follow the railway line but that leads me to Coalisland, back to Dungannon, follow different railway and that takes me nicely to Cookstown, back to Dungannon, by now flapping like a turkey being thrown off a cliff and finally get the correct railway line and arrive at Omagh on the winky-wankies!

My Flight Commander, Rob W--sh - was furious. he let me stay in the office while he - a Captain - gave the RQHI - a Major - the best bollocking I've ever heard.

Wiz