PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RT theory exam
Thread: RT theory exam
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2007, 15:06
PompeyPaul
Pompey till I die

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations!

Well done on another pass. It's great as you get to the exams. Just off hand I found the exams in order of difficulty (from hardest to easiest)

Navigation
Air Law
Meteorology
Aircraft Technical
Flight Planning & Performance
Human Performance
Radio Written

I think radio written was the only one I went to the airfield being pretty sure I was going to pass. Human is easy, but then I learnt it from the confuser in one night so I wasn't so sure of the pass.

FPP follows on from aircraft technical, and there's not really that much to it. Aircraft technical is alright apart from Jeremy Pratt doesn't know the difference between mass and weight (although whoever wrote the later chapters does).

Meteorology is a bit touchy feely. Required quite a bit of practice & preperation.

Air law was difficult. Only because it's all so brand new to you and quite a bit to take in. Although even now I'm not totally sure on those aircraft signals (Constant green light from the tower etc - I've got a flare in the aircraft which one do I shoot ?)

Navigation was tough. It's easy enough to miscalculate and I also thought that the whizz wheel didn't have the resolution to accurately calculate some of the answers. I always use the whiz wheel, but for long division an abacus would be better! Sat there wondering if my calculated angle of 78 is closer to 76 or 80. Recalculate and still get 78. Re plot and re draw, still 78. Re calculate still 78. What do you do ?