PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should We Wear Helmets
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2007, 12:02
psyan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tourismkelly wrote:" Thus my question is this, would you recommend someone about to start their PPL(H) to invest in a helmet?"

No I would not unless you are drowning in money. T think you'd be better off waiting until you are sure to reach your goal and have some better idea of the environment. Be a shame to spend all that dosh and then pack it in for some reason.

"I know I know, I'd probably look at idiot in my little R22 with an Alpha Eagle on my bonce, but if it adds that extra element of safety, quite frankly looking a prat is a price I'm willing to pay!"

On the contrary, I'd say the reverse. I have been wearing a flight helmet for over 33 years and to fly without one to me is an alien concept and on the rare occasion when I have to go without, it is I who feel like a prat.

Over the years there have been many occasions when having a helmet on has saved me from some grief. Thankfully I have never had need of it in anger.

Roll the robbo after cocking up a EOL and you will then discover the true value of having a helmet.