PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dili Black Hawk
Thread: Dili Black Hawk
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2007, 10:57
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I mean is that the "big army" has a less clear vision of what aviation can do for them. Units routinely ask a lot of aviation, mostly due to inadequate relationships between the ground pounders and the aviation units, and the general consensus of aviation units is to do whatever they can do to help the guys on the ground. There is nothing wrong with that relationship, but it could be a lot better and a lot safer.
There are many quotes in most of the posts on this thread and the Fiji one that could be used to say, hear, hear to.

I picked this one, as exemplifying the core issue that I have been pounding. To the others I congratulate the ability that you all exude. I think the quote above demonstrates that your concern is slipping by your ability to rectify it. I hope that you can change that.

I know nothing about a blackhawk, which must be obvious, except seeing some of them doing some damm silly things like, full auto's into red out conditions, when they were fresh in the livery of the flying kangaroo.

However I feel deeply about youngsters being thrust into potentially limiting conditions beyond their ability by "the system."

1200 hours is a benchmark that we used in the mustering industry. The same as the 300 hour mark in a F/W driver ego /testosterone phantom euphoria levels. Those were too half smart, well they copped a check ride that brought them back to base and built them for great things.

If those at the top don't budget for correct training or employment of those that know then that needs to be changed.
all the best
tet