PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RT theory exam
Thread: RT theory exam
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2007, 20:16
mrshoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RT theory exam

Every time i prepare for an exam, i always have doubt about whether i will pass or not, have done enough to work for each, should i extend my revision period. One thing that i do do is i go for it when i feel that i can take it, or at least the first attempt.

I knew that i would only have one sortie today and so i stayed at home for an extra, read up again and again my PPL confuser book and AFE questions and answers simplifier book - i like the AFE one more.

I arrived at Cranfield, had a cup of tea, then sat the paper. Post exam, i nervously waited whilst the paper was being marked. To distract me i chatted away to other students, but kept a beedy eye out for the examiner to come through and call me in.

Well, he came over and uttered the words, you PASSED and i got 96%…bloody hell i thought. i use a pencil to mark my answer sheets and during the last 15mins i re read the paper and made what i thought were corrections - i do not finish an exam until the full time has elasped and to correct answers if i think i should.

after this, i went to the cafe and had a sandwich and sat with Simon who is an instructor and was also taught by David Coulson. Everyone i have met during my first week at Cranfield has said that am getting great training at the flying school with David and his team.

Summery of flying after Month 5: http://freedom-in-the-air.com/

35hrs flown - around Hampshire, Derbyshire, Norfolk and Bedfordshire - UK

Exams passed:

Air Law & Procedure 75%
Meteorology 80%
Human Performance and Limitation 100%
Aircraft General and Principles of Flight 86%
Flight Planning and Performance 85%
Radiotelephony Theory 96%

Next week i hope i can be ready to take RT practical and perhaps after a few hours of Navigation excercises i can be better prepared for the theory paper.