PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 4
Thread: Aer Lingus - 4
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2007, 19:30
CaptKremin

Since EI have admitted that SNN is (somewhat) profitable, the Commission may have trouble understanding why taxpayer dosh should simply increase EI's profit margin, especially when most PSOs are sub 50 seats rather than a 174 seat A320.
That document was full of legal technicalities, but I didn't see a single one that would prevent this route from being considered PSO eligible. There is no mention of a/c size in the document, as far as I saw.
Asking whether the EU would have trouble understanding ALT's position on profitability is not ALT's problem is it!?
Thats up to the Irish Government to sort out, and if it can't, then let the FREE MARKET decide what should happen next.
Bye Bye Shannon.

even then, EI must then acquire slots, take them from DUB or ORK, or cancel the BFS routes. If the latter, Big Ian will have a sense of humour failure because of the "treachery of Dublin"...
No need, I said they should just get back the slots they leased to Continental.

edit to note: since the PSO must be published in the official journal, any slotholding EU airline at LHR would theoretically be in line to bid for it - e.g. BA, bmi.
Absolutely. I'll bet they'll be queuing up.

I wonder if the penny has dropped at Shannon yet, that if you court FR through your front door, you may soon see all competition slink out the back door. Its the nature of the beast to suck up all opposition like a bloody great hoover.
All this free-market tripe is mere hypocrisy when it comes down to it.