PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2007, 15:20
marciovp
I support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Confusion and question

Let me first thank you all, especially the pros, for tolerating my presence here, a not too young pilot of Tripacers and Cherokees in the weekends.
But in my favor let me say that aviation remains my first love...

The CPI of the House heard the representative of Airbus that stated in no uncertain terms that there was nothing wrong with the A-320...and then said that CENIPA (The Air Force Investigative and Preventive Agency) was in agreement with the statement that Airbus released about the accident. The Representatives in the Committee were surprised by this support from CENIPA that kepp telling them that the causes of the accident have not been found with certainty... They are now asking CENIPA to come back for them to ask questions.

I found it strange that nobody asked the Airbus guy about the improvements in the warning system after the Taipei accident and why that was not made mandatory.

Finally, going from my amateur experience with small planes it is difficult for me to believe that when close to landing a pilot would move only one T/L to neutral. It seems to me so odd. And a question: what would happen if he had moved both T/ls to REV?

Many thanks to you all.