PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2007, 14:57
Jools66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At last, a thread for people like me with limited experience!! Woo hoo!!

I had my first lesson at Fly-in-Spain in Jerez last week, and it was everything I´d hoped it would be and more. At the moment I can only afford one lesson a month, but my instructor assured me that these hours are all logged towards my 45 min hours for the PPL, regardless of how long it takes. I just can´t wait to get back in the skies again! My instructor was great, really laid back, and I was surprised at how often (and how soon after taking off) he gave me control. I have to admit it was scary the first few seconds but once I realised that the plane would do what I told it to do I relaxed and really enjoyed myself. I also had a problem with the foot brake, I´ll make sure my seat´s further forward next time as even for the rudder controls I was really using a lot of pressure, maybe this will help.

Anyway, back to reading the rest of this thread. Ié read the first 10 pages and then skipped to the last 10 so now it´s time to join them up and read the middle! I´ll be a regular reader of this one now I´ve found it, I´ve always felt a bit intimiated when reading some of the others, like I´m not entitled to comment, but this one´s great!

Happy flying everyone!!