PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetflite training
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2007, 12:10
pilotdude09

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sorry my bad forgot about the cleaning and cooking jobs, there is big money in that but who wants to clean **** all day!! i know a 20 year old who is cleaning on the gas rigs bloody good money but he works 3 weeks on 1 week off so never see's anyone or spends his money and he has a **** of a lifestyle.

1 bonus of FIFO is the frequent flyer points, get to gold/plat very quickly

But in the end it really comes down to who you know and not what you know or you have to be johnny on the spot, similar to the aviation industry really!

I agree with you about the degree, you would always have something to fall back on and it does look good to employers with regards to commitment. But then i think well theres another 30-40 grand ontop of the 100k+ i need to spend to get my ATPL etc etc.

I think the Jetflite training is good because you know you are going to have something at the end, it may not be permanent after 12 months but you are getting the multi time which for some people is the hardest to get.

decisions decisions decisions........

While we are on the subject i know an engineer who is heading to Northern Africa as a fly in fly out from Perth 2 months on 1.5 months off for $560k a year but i guess by the time you counter in everything it would be worth that much!! Theres money there you just have to find it.

Cheers