PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2007, 11:58
bsieker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right Way Up,

I'd be surprised if there are not some legal ramifications for Pprune for publishing such data.
It wasn't PPRuNe, who originally put the data in the public domain (i. e. some web site). Once it is out it cannot be put back into the bottle.

Personally I prefer the idea that people investigating the accident have some sort of qualification other than tapping into the internet.
So do I. But that group is not limited to the official investigators. Many people here are qualified to interpret the data correctly and draw conclusions from it.

There are many other very important items, such as interviews with involved people (managers, ATC, authorities, ...), inquiries into day-to-day operations at TAM and at the airport, which are not available to us, and these are best left to the people officially tasked with this job.

I agree with PBL's reasons why it may be beneficial to discuss the accident, and all available data, publicly early on [disclaimer: I know PBL personally and have the highest respect for his work].

Bernd