PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End Of Cabin Crew Seniority In Qf Long Haul?
Old 10th Aug 2007, 03:16
mrpaxing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
big call

"Like it or not, QF can (and does) have the best flight deck and engineering staff, yet be let down by the poor attitude of some of its cabin staff. And it’s the attitude that the punters remember, even though the rest of the package is first class".
willi b. lets me widen the horizon on this issue and i will include ground staff in this. ground staff deal with customers, but cabin crews spend the most time with customers. eg.FF is not getting his prefered seat, his points are not available for ugrade (again), the flight has another delay, he/ she misses his/ her connecting flight, then you add onboard product failures and HERE STANDS YOUR FLIGHT ATTENDANT IN FRONT OF YOU. YOUR PERFECT TARGET (and there is little one can do up at 37000 feet to rectify many of those problems).pilots & engineers are not dealing with mishandled or any customers. month after month/year after year of negative experiences having to listen to too many bad news some cabin crew are disengaged at times(refer to inhouse survey). as i mentioned before, add cabin crew management which are mainly interested in their targets(so the bonus payment comes in), and you have a difficult situation at hand. to get staff more engaged managment has to "earn their respect" and provide motivation and satisfaction. do those issues have any room in the upcoming eba- i doubt it