PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - John Holland in Brisbane
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2007, 01:44
Romulus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bolty, one should not be so quick to judge. John Vincent is also an inspired man, one only has to take a casual glance at the Qf "strategy map" to confirm this. All very inspiring.

Must say though Romulus no matter how big and blue your skys are, you will have to propose a very cheap price to Qantas supply chain to win the big bus over AMSA (and before you say it, yes.... these days Qf only look at price)
If I fight on price I lose, simple as that, so I agree with you that I cannot win that way. Equally Tiger, with all their Singapore connections, have gone with us for certain aspects of maintenance.

This has now been released with Tiger's consent:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-23349,00.html

So airlines DO listen, we just have to build the case properly.

Really big heavy checks with tens of thousands of hours aregoing to be exceptionally difficult to win, no question. Equally the flexibile working arrangements the local team have given us is a major drawcard, to the extent it is the majority of what customers want to know about. They don't want to talk engineering, they know that the former AAES staff can deliver that to any required standard, what they want to know is how we are going to get their total costs down by meeting theirspecific needs as and when they arise.