PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructor Seminar Soon?
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2007, 19:35
G-KEST

Awesome but Affordable

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Devil

athonite said -
"There clearly are not enough organisations running seminars, it basically a cartel.
What we need is is the likes of some high profile FIC instructors/examiners like Tempest, Smerdon, Voce to put together a seminar, and gain an CAA approval!"

That is quite an idea since just two approved organisations to run FI seminars seems a little thin.

I will have a try to make contact with Neil and Piers to see what their opinion is. Some market research might well be a good idea to guage the likely demand.

In my own case I was an AFI then FI and CFI on SEP with a PPL from 1960 to 1968. Then FI, CFI and FE on SEP and MEP initially with a CPL then an ATPL from 1968 to 1999. Some 39 years in total. I ran numerous FIC from 1970 through to 1999 with an excellent pass rate for my student instructors. I became an FIE from 1973 to 1999, some 26 years. My instructing/examining hours run at about 9,000. All of this was in civil aviation.

Following a medical problem in 1999 all my licences and ratings dematerialised and I gained a UK NPPL(SSEA) with a group 1 medical self certification in 2002 which is current. I am in current flying practice on my own aircraft, which is shared with my son, and I still hold a DA valid for all SE piston landplanes along with gliders.

Whether I would be acceptable as one of the staff tutors in an approved organisation to run FI ground seminars I would need to ascertain. I would imagine it would not be a problem bearing in mind my long experience in the field of PPL instruction. Since 1999 I have maintained a keen interest in instructional matters.

We shall see what transpires after I study the relevant standards document.

Thanks for the idea.

Cheers,

Trapper 69