PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetflite training
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2007, 14:48
pilotdude09

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
aviationascent,

Unfortuantley i already live in a big ****hole with nothing here!

Heres a point that i want to clarify though to get into the mines, well major ones like Rio Tinto (Pilbara Iron), BHP Billiton or Fortescue Metals Group you need to be skilled or have a mechanical background. Alot of people from the eastern states just turn up here and think they will get a job easily.

Honestly $100k here isnt good money by the time you counter in your living costs you are no better off than you would be working in Perth for a job on 50/60k Everything is double the price, i mean houses are already over the million dollar mark and going up weekly because theres so much demand but not enough supply.

At the moment im thinking about applying for a job at the gas plant as an operator as in 2 years time i would be earning 120k which id do for a couple of years and get out by then ill be in my mid 20's and ready to try and start a career as a pilot and jetflite would be perfect. Otherwise im thinking about going to uni then training and maybe going to the US or train and hopefully get a job with Air NZ, i guess the piece of paper from uni might help? Should be able to get in as a mature age!

But your advice is good advice!
But if i was a normal person wanting money, working at K-mart or something will give you more money than some mining jobs, it not all as flashy as it may seem, you either have to have some knowledge or doing a tafe cert, prepared to be a trainee/apprentice or be highly skilled or have a degree.