PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2007, 13:44
Wg Co Bingo Handjob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuc

Once again you misunderstand me, I was suggesting that the guys who maintain the aircraft day to day would not ignore the problem over a period of time and then raise a serious fault signal. what happens after that is out of their control but it would be interesting to see what the reaction to the serious fault signal was rather than dealing in hypotheticals or other instances where the system failed, which we are all agreed is unacceptable.

Chugalug 2

I am not defending the indefensible, if the MOD has nothing to hide then independent regulation should prove no problem to them. However, if as you think there is a problem then they of course will resist it. Bear in mind the current concerns regarding the HSe and the lack of funding preventing their regulatory action and the fact that there are regular incidents in the civilian sector as well.

DV

You used the phrase 'well known' without contextualising it. To then claim that somehow there was a new limit in place (not the case) or that because of the op being carried out that there were blind eyes being turned or that faults outside the usual limits being carried is dangerous and without any foundation. Knowing the guys involved in the ground and having participated in many Ops and a number of conflicts in my personal experience, I have never seen or never heard about the military exemption being used and I would lay bets that no-one on the engineering side would sign of on such a fault. they are in the business of ensuring that people return as they are not just colleagues but friends. Indeed, many people have been described as obstructive for preventing commanders from carrying out their wishes because it compromises safety, is against procedures or is not allowed because of the release to service. I am sorry that the phrasing of the IPTL has allowed you to believe that their is more to this than serious fault found, repair underway, you might like to look at the other ac in light of the previous tragic event.