PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta AW139
Thread: Agusta AW139
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2007, 11:59
Aser

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi noooby,
We don't have the Hums here, just the wiring , the tracking camera inside the cockpit etc. but you wont find the hums screen in the console
Do you have a link for VXP?

The liferafts were not installed because the machine come with the HEMS config. and is doing pax flights while its future is decided... (surely the SAR contract)

And today is coming the third one from Italy!

noooby Aser,

Long nose prototype was flying around Philadelphia last time I was there. Long nose production is getting ready, they will use a totally different serial number system though. 31xxx for Italian short nose, 41xxx for Philadelphia short nose, and 51xxx I think for the long nose.
Not sure what time frame they are looking at, but they were saying sooner rather than later.
MAUW increase should be 400kg this year, and they are hoping for another 400kg next year, that is what I was told anyway.
I'm trying to get Agusta to introduce a system whereby they will keep customers up to date on improvements that they are working on. Just an email database would suffice for now.
Do you have HUMS fitted?? I hear a number of customers are going with VXP instead of HUMS. Mistake in my mind. The HUMS works well when people are trained up on how it works, and the machines come prewired for it!! Have heard from one VXP 139 operator that they aren't getting Tail Rotor data in the cruise. Something about vibes in the tail being to big for it to aquire data???? Perhaps someone from there can clarify. All I know is that with HUMS we are getting data from every regime, with no problems. And the Track and Balance program works like a dream!!
Where are the liferafts for that machine in the picture?? It has the floats, and the extended strobe lights on the sponsons, but the rafts aren't fitted. Don't tell me the supplier has run out!!

Cheers