PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetflite training
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2007, 11:21
aviationascent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get some plastering experience...

Hey,

Re: how do you get 80k?

personally i bought a cheap house. i use it as a savings account that i will draw upon when i am ready to go. i am plastering at the moment which although i am not qualified to do, have about 18months experience in, and am making great use of the supply and demand effect in the construction industry in SE QLD. Its paying 39bucks an hour and that works out great for a 44 hour week. Saving atleast a grand a week.

I am finally over half way there and am yet to get my house revalued to release extra equity. so should start beginning of next year IF (and this is a big if...) if casa allow me to hold a licence that won't restrict me from learning. I recently had catheter ablation to fix a heart condition. still a couple of months before i know if i can start asap. in the mean time, i know that i am working a job that i can come back to (if i really have to, worst case scenario of course!!) that will easily allow me to finance hours building.

also, if your not keen on plastering, (not great for the lungs!) go out west to the mines. i have been doing some research myself it is easy to get work without being pre-skilled, worth 100k a year. and i reckon, if you want to learn to fly, you might as well get used to 12 hour days, and living beyond the black stump!!!! (which is out near whoop-whoop)

anyway, hope this post doesn't sound arrogant or like a brag. just some ideas for how to earn decent money without committing yourself to a major educational deviation to become skilled. (ie uni degree or aprenticeship). i had to devise a method to stash money as like most people, i can't rely on my mother, (single-parent) to come up with that kind of money. she is still renting a housing commission house at 58.

good luck, (dedication and bloody minded stubborness to succeed will get us only part of the way i think. being in the right place at the right time is pure chance!

aviationascent