PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin UK - Crew Discussions
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2007, 09:55
Muizenberg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stay strong and TOGETHER!

Hi Guys,

I work for BA. Just wanted to convey my personal support to each and everyone of you, and say STAY STRONG AND TOGETHER. In our potential dispute in January, we had a 96.1% yes vote (for action) from BASSA members, yet we were taken to the cleaners royally. Our most united time amongst members got us virtually nothing. Please learn from our mistake.

DO NOT settle for second best. Virgin Atlantic can afford to give you guys what you deserve (after all they got off scot free from the price fixing scandal!), and each and everyone of you deserve better terms and conditions than you receive. Those of you who believe strongly in standing up for your fair share, coach member especially younger members who may think they are only at VS "for a couple of years". Virgin Atlantic is no longer the company that would not recruit crew after 28 (unless you had previous flying experience), and made crew retire at 36. I'm sure there are some of you (an ever growing number) that look at your job as a long term career. Remember what you except today, will remain in your terms and conditions for a very long time!

GOOD LUCK! There are many of us at BA that will be with you in spirit if it does come to Industrial Action. At a time when airline executives at EVERY airline are filling their pockets and improving their pensions, bonuses, etc. They find it necessary to intimidate, and make the very people who bring the customers back, make the sacrifices! UNACCEPTABLE.