PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End Of Cabin Crew Seniority In Qf Long Haul?
Old 9th Aug 2007, 09:00
Willi B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lowerlobe me old cock sparra, you really are a a tad devious.

For the Skytrax cabin staff awards, read what the Skytrax CEO said:
Returning to former winning ways, Malaysia Airlines has won the 2007 World's Best Cabin Staff title, in a very closely contested survey.

"For the last 4 weeks of this survey, we have seen the winning position move around between the final Top 3 airlines several times" commented Edward Plaisted (CEO of the survey organisation, Skytrax).

"In the end, Malaysia Airlines passenger support saw them through to the 2007 title, and we congratulate them for this worthy achievement. Last year's winner, Thai Airways took 3rd place, with Singapore Airlines moving up the rankings into a very close 2nd position, and Cathay Pacific also returning to the top 5 airlines (from 8th in 2006). Qatar Airways is the only non-Asian airline to feature in the top 5 ranking, and they are also named as Best Cabin Staff for the Middle East regional award" added Plaisted.

"Evidently the central role of cabin staff is to ensure the safety of passengers in their care, and this is a responsibility that achieves a good rating for a majority of the world's airlines. Our survey to identify the 'Best' cabin staff standards is based upon assessing a lot more - in effect, we are asking passengers to quantify the quality of their onboard experiences. In addition to the designated hard-service features (eg serving meals), we wanted customers to look at the soft service as well. This covers a wide range of factors - friendliness, enthusiasm and attentiveness of staff, through to the sincerity with which service is provided. Consistency is another critical area, and a key factor in determining future customer loyalty. We often tend to re-purchase a product or service that has served us well in the past, and an airline's cabin staff play a vital role in terms of how a customer may look back on a previous flight as a guide to their future loyalty" said Plaisted.
You don't like these comments, and want to play the race card:
I note that the top 3 or 4 are all Asian and anyone with any understanding of cultures will know that the Australian culture is not one of subservience.If you want the Asian experience then go right ahead and fly with one of them.
With great respect old son, customer service has no correlation with ethnicity. May I humbly suggest that, while safety remains a priority, the travelling public looks for more than the QF Cabin Crew Soviet's "not in my duty statement" that you and your colleagues seem to espouse.