PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UKIA (Merged)
Thread: UKIA (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2007, 08:05
Cab Svcs Mgr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C is, I believe, a 1989 B767-222 and is pretty shabby inside. Cabin crew rates start at £8,000 for ab initio crew I am told, with a bond for the first 6 mths.
The original batch of crew were taken on in April this year and started their training, but, because the senior management couldn't get a suitable training captain to stay with UKIA, the training was stopped (cos you're not allowed to train without having a TRE postholder).
UKIA had a very different approach to aviation which eventually ensued in ALL the senior crew leaving - or being pushed - because they questioned the ways that UKIA were approaching operational practices.
That is why they have had a recruitment drive recently and taken on new senior crew - because they didnt have any!!!
The crew that have left are all professional people with good experience and I am sure in hindsight feel that they have done the right thing in leaving.....UKIA owe quite a few people money (some of it BIG money) and in my experience are bad payers.
I know that some of the ex Flyjet team are assisting now and I hope that things will start to improve and UKIA will finally take off but one thing I did learn from my experience with this outfit is not to trust anyone - which is a hard lesson to learn in aviation as generally I thought we were a really nice sector of the human race.

There I go - thinking again