PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar dumps MEL-HNL
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2007, 01:37
QFinsider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dixon alluded to the "J* will defend the mainline brand, as a vital plank in our defence" then a year later he went on about implying "legacy airline" COSTS were the problem.
My point is simple...
Want me to believe J* is worth what it costs, then compare apples with apples. The reality, is unfortunately for the believers lower wages are merely a smoke screen for an industrial policy designed to drive down terms and conditions at mainline...

Thus if you want me to belieive Geoffrey, (there there you elephant's scrotum lil fella) that my cost base is the issue, show me a true picture of the J* equation...They do not do it, because it does not return its cost of capital, low yield flying the routes we used to fly burning the same fuel, paying same enroute and terminal charges, with the only differential labour costs..What a load of rubbish change hands Geoff..
It is Ian Oldmeadow all over...unfortunately another prune too long in the sun

The arguement about stopping another competitor coming into australia was rubbish Tiger is coming...
Wafer thin margins, low yield routes and new accounting provisions...Let's see how well J* actually does..