PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2007, 21:45
TripleBravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This shows the approximate position of the levers, the left #1 in max reverse, the right #2 left at EPR 1.2. I think it should have been the CLB detent, which is even more forward.

(Thanks for the picture, Claus.)

EPR 1.2 translates into approx. 74% thrust.

@bomarc
Just my thoughts, transition from 737 might be more demanding than a new typerating or transitioning from something completely different.

To be a checker does not mean you're doing everything right everytime. Think of Los Rodeos (Tenerife) 1977, van Zanten was without doubt one of the best pilots they had and yet advanced the throttles without clearance. Nobody is perfect, I fear.

@PBL
Thanks for the insight. Where did you get that from?

At Porto Alegre the roles of PF and PNF were switched.

@Tree
Quote:
Where one might go with your idea is to propose an alternative second input to be used in the case where a TL input is discarded because the TL has not moved and Thrust Lock is active on that engine. Perhaps an input for brake pedal deflection could be used in place of the TL input.
Enter my vote for that one. If you have one engine in reverse and the other in thrust lock below CLB and the T/L not in Toga/Flex and you are applying manual brakes then we should program the sytem logic to connect the dots and give full stopping ability by activating ground spoilers.
No. Imagine a go-around with one TL faulty (this time the reversed one), touching the ground and maintaining runway heading by rudder input, mistakenly depressing the pedals. You would fall out of the sky.

Thrust is brought to idle in case of invalid or disconnected TLA. That should be enough for every situation, because you are able fly and stop in this configuration.