PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2007, 18:05
bjkeates

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to clear a couple of things up:

Niagra1, don't worry. You're not going for three months yet. There's plenty of time for CTC to send you stuff about course dates, schedules, etc. If it gets to a month before and you haven't received anything then maybe drop them an e-mail, but certainly don't be getting worried about that yet. Just keep checking the post every day!

mallinderjb - how many hours of the foundation course you can cut short will probably depend on how you perform when you get out there, but don't go out there assuming it'll be too many. It's something I believe they will consider on an individual basis. Since they have got rid of the short foundation course, I'm sure you won't be the only one with a few hours under your belt thinking you're capable of moving on a bit quicker than those who start with 0 hours. I honestly don't know what their plans are for people in your situation. My advice would be to save the money you'd be spending on your extra 5-7hrs before you leave, you'll probably find it will make negligible difference when you begin your flying in NZ. I'd advise you not to expect to be able to jump through the foundation course in 10 hours because you almost certainly won't. Even the short course guys didn't do that when the short course existed. As an example, the navigation flights for the current course (including the CPL qualifying cross-country) come to over 17 hours on their own and I very much doubt you'd skip any of them. That's all just my 2p-worth though, best thing to do is just see what happens when you get out there.