PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin UK - Crew Discussions
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2007, 16:27
sirual80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Vote No No No!!!

Guys,

They are taking our Airshare away so they could pay fatter bonuses to the management! Last year it was supposedly a bad year but we still got Airshare.

Airshare is based on your basic salary. As SCC my Airshare was worth 1.7% of my basic! So in other words the actual pay increase they are promising is 4.8%-1.7%=3.1% in a bad year! The year before we got Airshare worth well over 3.5%, which would mean they pay deal is worth 1.3% in a good year! What I am saying is that don't be fooled by numbers, it may look good but it ain't!

Also taking a SCC off the 600 means good-bye to splitting into 4 forever! And with crew down we may easily have a situation where we have to split into 2!

Money-wise 1 crew member less on say, 30 LHR departures and 30 overseas departures means saving 60 crewmember's pay and our average cycle is 5-6 days, so they would be saving 300-360 SCC salaries, trip pay etc. per week! And no airshare to us! Does this sound like someone is after more money on our expense? I think so!

VOTE NO!!!
VOTE NO!!!
VOTE NO!!!