PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 8th Aug 2007, 16:07
boogie-nicey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just because someone decides to take a 'stance' on this whole ryanair culture of SSTR shouldn't expose them to hostile comments (apparent throughout this thread). Sure the world is full of conflicting opinions from different people based on individual circumstances but in this particular argument re. Ryanair I think that the pursuit of a judgement on the righteousness in this debate is therefore wrong and misguided, it appears that there are justifiable opinions whether you undertake the Ryanair route or not.

I'm sure there are people who regret their Ryanair 'choice' equally as other rejoice having made what they term as the better decision. What you shouldn't do however is simply follow the next sheep along the yah or nay path blindly. Consider your personal situation and not some naive "oh it'll be okay, I'm sure I'll manage"... this isn't a university course where you can have the carefree overdraft bank account philosphy and some symphathetic ear from the Student Union representive. You could find yourself in a whirlpool that you neglected to take seriously during your initial decision making.

Like any responsibility what you take today as a favour HAS to be repayed at a latter perhaps more inconvienent time in the future. Please do not be so blinkered in your approach seeking that glorious nod of approval from FR to undertake their course, look at the whole deal.

However I also applaud the numerous people that have successfully gained a place on the type rating course, I hope to be lucky too in the very near future! But as I've explained above I have sat down and really run this option through the reality filter and asked some harsh questions of what I would do or would be able to do if XXXX happened or circumstances changed for me overnight ... made me realise that I needed to be far more prepared than I was factoring for and thus led to a delay on my applying...
Good luck peeps...