PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA Type Ratings ... selection criteria
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2007, 14:29
boogie-nicey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JAA Type Ratings ... selection criteria

There have been numerous comments over the last couple of years regarding the various TRTOs. However the discussion of each TRTO seems to be pivoted around cost. I can understand the significance of such a primary consideration but surely there have to be other factors of equal prominence too that merit consideration. After all the initial cost like many flight training experiences aren't always what they appear to be especially if you end up at a less than reputable school where you'd end up paying more. Thus I would be interested to learn of the individual experiences of past and present students at TRTOs. This would allow me to make a more informed choice above and beyond that which is depicted in the sales pitch. For instance I doubt all of the type rating courses are aimed at students with similar experience levels. Some being more suitable for previous jet time cadidates whilst others prove more tangible to the needs of the 'fresh' fATPL guy, is there any truth in this? If so then this would prove more important than cost alone and may even make some courses prohibitive to the newbie whilst being too long and thus needlessly expensive for the experienced guy.

Hope that makes sense and would really appreciate some feedback on this one. Thanks alot folks