PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2007, 09:47
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll be curious what RYR include in their 'all inclusive price'. At present they include various insurances. Some you can delete, others not. The 'wheelchair' levy is a scam and nothing more than a hidden profit earner blamed on some judge's ruling. Non deletable. Then there is another insurance, non deletable, but I can't find out what is being insured. Then there is a deletable travel insurance, which if you do so, and then go back a page to check your data, will again be added to the final bill when you arrive at the final booking page. You then once again have to trawl all the way back to the beginning to delete it.
With all inclusive pricing I wonder if these extra profit earners will be fixed and can not be removed.

I've always been curious how EZ can add taxes & charges at certain airports which are below the standard local rates that every operator has to pay. They have (used to have) a fixed add on for all routes. Either there is cross subsidy across the network for simplicity, or some of the actual charges have been included in the ticket price. They do not get subsidised airport charges at the major places. All have to pay the same.