PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End Of Cabin Crew Seniority In Qf Long Haul?
Old 8th Aug 2007, 05:23
surfside6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Positive Changes?

When I started flying being a "steward"meant being part of a boys club that was run by a bunch of old bull elephants born in the 40s.
I hated my first few years of flying.
Seniority determined the meal choice you had,your time off,your work position and your position in the Q when checking into a hotel.
If the Chief or FSD said drinks were in his room your had to turn up.If you didnt they would ring your room.If you werent there you were questioned the next day.Most of these people were borderline alcoholics.
The system thankfully has broken down over the years.
The bid system has never been fixed because the company didnt want it fixed.
The software was flawed when it was introduced in 88.It delivers poor quality rosters for everybody.It produces too many cost inefficient low lines.
Everybody is unhappy with it.So the promise of something new gets everyone excited.
We were promised a lot when the bid system was introduced but very little if any of it was implemented.
We gave up 25% of our standown for this.A minority of crew agreed to its introduction and the rest were forced to accept it.
Previously crew had a choice to be on the "married roster" or "short division" to acommodate family life.All that disappeared.
Just be very careful about what you intend to give up.
I have just over a year of accumulated sick leave.If I get done over by a"new" system I will burn every day of it to maintain a balance between my home life and worklife.
Management always has a two tiered agenda.
Just ask the domestics about their last EBA.
KY was promised but never supplied .
They were told it wouldnt hurt...guess what?..it bloody well did!!
Get your hands on the KY before you accept anything from these swine.
Qantas=Animal Farm

Last edited by surfside6; 8th Aug 2007 at 07:48.