PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arik Air
Thread: Arik Air
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2007, 21:47
alghaita ganga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AVSEC,

You obviously have no knowledge of the real world. I was an pilot in Africa for more than 40 years before I retired and I know exactly what is IOSA audit. TSA AND FAA are by no means the same things. I have been auditor and have assist IATA with audits. However, on many routes in Africa where oil is involved, much of the revenue is derived from oil companies and from their client contractors, whose staffs are only allow to travel on an airline which has been audited by that oil company. Many of my friends working in Nigeria are only allow to fly with Aero or Virgin. So I suggest you go and discover more about the reality of Aviation Safety and leave the real world to others. I must make sure I don't have to rely on any audit done by your company and I am remembering that you have admitted you have not even been to Port Harcourt.

The oil industry clients would be where they always have been as the route into NAF Base at one time was only permitid for flights in support of the oil industry and Aero were running many 'collective charter' flights into NAF Base. Indeed, when international reopens, I believe that Aero will still only run oil charter flights into NAF Base. I don't think VOR NDB is what will happen as IATA will make survey at Port Harcourt for GNSS approach very soon.