PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow ops UNST-Ninian Field 1977-1993
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2007, 15:24
Tail-take-off

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know the thread is titled Unst 1977 to 1993 but I thought you might be interested in these from 1994 to 1996 when I was based there.

During 1994 G-BBHL & G-BFRI were joined by G-BGWK for about 12 months to support the refurb of the Ninian Platforms. One aircraft would carry out an evening shuttle then shutdown on the Ninian North for the night & carry out another shuttle in the morning. During this period Conoco (later ORYX) moved to Unst & we served the Hutton TLP & the Murchison. Eventually The Heather 'A' was added to the list of exotic destinations.

When Unst Returned to 2 aircraft G-BBHL went back to Aberdeen leaving WK & RI.

A few months before the contract ended G-BHOG replaced RI which was due for maintenance.

A few Pictures of the final couple of years:

Unst 1996

G-BHOG & a Brymon leased Canadian Registered Dash 7

Michel Zinguerevitch & Nick Bill 1996

G-BHOG on Ninian North

G-BGWK on Heather 'A'

Ninian North

Of the S-61s that were based in Unst G-BBHL is based in Stornoway as back-up to the main SAR aircraft until the end of the contract. G-BFMY is now in Brazil. G-BAKA is in South Africa. G-BFRI & G-BHOG have been sold to BIH at Penzance & G-BGWK is in the hangar at Aberdeen as far as I know. Pictures are available on the internet if anyone is interested.

TTO

Last edited by Tail-take-off; 7th Aug 2007 at 15:39.