PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft Crash on Isle of Wight
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2007, 15:19
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I've said twice already on this thread - but I'm going to say it again because it's relevant and important - speculation is fine. What isn't fine, however, is jumping to conclusions based on little evidence but only assumptions.

We STILL don't know that they were overweight. We don't know what these four people weighed; they could have been super-fit jockey-sized types for all we know. We don't know how much fuel they had. They could have been travelling very light where luggage is concerned - I've flown to Paris for a weekend with only one spare teeshirt, and spent 5 days in France with only one change of clothes...and no extra shoes, and I'm a woman!!! Sorry for emphasising that. but my co-pilot at the time just couldn't believe that any woman could manage on one pair of shoes for 5 days. Well, I didn't like it, but I'd done my weight and balance checks, and needs must.

But I digress. Speculation is fine. In this case it was indeed a hot day, and being overweight was a distinct possibility. So discussing that is useful. But the discussion keeps on and on leading to assumptions that this was the definite cause, and that might not have been the case at all!

DOES ANYONE ON HERE UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M SAYING?????