PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should seniority be scrapped in airlines?
Old 7th Aug 2007, 10:30
BelArgUSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compare the seniority system in airlines, to the degraded public school education system known in the USA and other countries since some 40 years ago... In the USA, kids acquire 12 years seniority to receive their high school diploma... They just sit there for 12 years...
xxx
To achieve all this, departments of education had to lower education curriculum levels so that a larger number of students pass... and can get to a college... yet unable to read, and write... But it sounds good when you have a class of little 18 years old monkeys all graduating... Quality education... Some 40 years ago, only 66% graduated from high school, forced to study stupid subjects as physics and trigonometry. So, there was a need to change the curriculums to more intellectual subjects such as "household economics" and "finger painting"...
xxx
Then we send them to some colleges with football teams... and to keep these good football players, we invent degrees in "underwater basket weaving" to be sure that our little monkeys can maintain grade averages to continue to win the championships...
xxx
Airlines are in a sense like that... lower the standards, so you are insured to graduate to command by seniority (only), not by merit...
xxx
Should you not believe me, have a look at the spelling of some here, college graduates and pilots... Oh, if you wish, criticize my English spelling, please do so... (yet I was not born and raised in English)... How is your French and Spanish spelling, by the way...? Better than mine, hopefully...!
xxx

Happy contrails