PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2007, 10:22
Aisle2c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
840, that's the thing, ORK-ALC can't be much of a business destination yet their pricing didn't reflect that. When you are hitting €250 return in January, a couple of days before a flight, and you've only sold 33% of the seats, then there is something funadmentally wrong with your pricing structure.

I'd like to think the airport issue was a contributing factor (I went on the radio myself drawing attention to it !), but I have my doubts because FG/Lab etc didn't make it a campaign issue. They really backed off it.

I was told by one of the FG candidates (now a TD), that they couldn't make promises that they would clear the debt (as much as they would like to) because they didn't know what contracts/deals the Fianna Fail controlled DAA had signed with the FF government. They were afraid that if they made such a promise and got into power, they might find everything tied up to the extent that there was no way out of it. In retrospect, that was a mistake, especially considering Gantly, Murphy and Glucksman are all Michael Martin connected.