PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - John Holland in Brisbane
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2007, 09:56
Romulus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Romulus

I have heard a rumour that you guys are bidding on the A380 maint project for QF..

Looking after single aisle jets A320/737 takes a fair amount of known resourses but a huge unknown like the A380...with 12 months before it arrives?
Care to elaborate ?
I am (if I may be so bold/conceited) the ultimate blue sky thinker and my boss has given me a mandate to be that way.

Anything out of the ordinary QF throw up I will look at. That's part of what we think we bring to the industry - fresh eyes.

Equally before we built the nuclear research reactor for ANSTO people said we had no idea about that either. But we researched it, we project managed the design phase right through to the final delivery. Same with a lot of our projects - we're now (I believe) the leading constructors of desalination plants and large scale traffic tunnels. And that's what we do - we're not experts ourselves (other than project management & contracting) but we know how to find the right people and listen to them and make things work.

That's our advantage and I intend to press it home to every potential client who wants a tier 1 aviation engineering company.

We have been told John Vincent told his team "John Holland don't do things by halves".

He's right.