PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar 330 grounded 3 days after returning from overseas maintenance in Manilla
Old 7th Aug 2007, 09:26
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think MP will not be truly satisfied that there is really any problem unless the aircraft leaves a large crater after its impact.

MP, you stated:
Sounds like the aircraft "flew" fine.
The aircraft would under most circumstances fly "fine" on one engine too.
That you somehow think that flying "fine" is reason to believe that a problem and/or cause are not significant is of great concern. I sincerely hope that you are not a manager who is involved with maintenance or operational flying decisions at QF, because as one of the bunnies who has to deal with the "fine" aircraft from takeoff to landing, that would seriously scare me.

There are significant problems with some areas of overseas maintenance which QF uses. Get over that fact. There are also significant problems with the pressures, both real and perceived, that our LAMEs are operating under here in Oz. I, for one, am getting a little weary of both flying your "fine" aircraft with repeatedly identical MELs which substantially increase our workload but can't be fixed for lack of spares or time (lack of hangar space last week!), and of having to ultimately say "no, we will not accept this 'fine' aircraft again unless that problem is fixed, and we don't give a flying f**k whether it has an MEL and you have to wait a week for the bit or not."