PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When The Sky Is Your Oyster!
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2007, 09:02
Diana Pitts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink When The Sky Is Your Oyster!

hi there!

i am an 18 year old living out in Cyprus as my dad is in the forces. i have been flying single engine aircraft since i was 16 and currently hold a PPL and night rating - and 3 A-levels in geography, history and english lit!

i was hoping if anyone could give me advice on the way to go about gaining my CPL or even better my fATPL or whether to even go for a university degree?? obviously i am constantly having the debate, modular or integrated and how to pay for it!

Cypriot terrain is not challenging enough, in my opinion, to do all CPL hours required and multi-engines are not available to me out here.

returning to the uk or possibly even the states will open up the option of the modualar route which will allow me to pay for it step by step. i am already doing the ATPL exams package long distance, would anybody reccomend any flying schools in the south of england to build hours and get an instrument rating? obviously being in the med gives me a tan but no hands on inquiries and comparisons! and the integrated route will help with accomodation and be more structured you can say.

any opinions thrown into the mixing bowl will be more than appreciated!

Di

Last edited by Diana Pitts; 7th Aug 2007 at 09:13.