PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Exodus from Skippers (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2007, 07:16
Erin Brockovich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger

7 Captains for 6 Metros (according to their website)? That is beyond sustainable. The company is clearly past the point of no return.

I would have thought 3 Captains per plane as a minimum. Looks like Skippers might be the first of many regional sized companies to be terminally affected by the pilot shortage. I say terminally because the early symptoms were clearly ignored, and 7 Captains for 6 planes is quite laughable.

How could anyone with a vested interest in Skippers let it come to this? Incompetence? Loathing for pilots? Greed? All of the above?

I know this is a rumour network, but unless the Skippers website is wrong; and Continental-520 is wrong (and he/she protests otherwise); then I am going to run with the numbers. This equates to about 9.5hrs block to block utilization time per plane per day assuming bare minimum sign on (also assuming computerised duty program and 5 day week). Then that is also assuming no training, holidays, sick days……yada yada, you get the picture.

Now, what’s occurring on the Metro fleet will also occur on the other fleets (if it hasn’t already). Sh$t pay and little respect will cause pilots to go elsewhere, and there are plenty of options. If the company is treading water now, then the future is bleak!

You reap what you sow, and It finally looks like the years of planting sub-standard T & Cs is paying off. Bring in the harvest!